Civil Engineer (Full Time)
We currently have a great permanent opportunity for a civil engineer to work full time based at our office in Penrith, NSW and on our construction sites. We are looking for civil engineers with civil engineering degree who will thrive in our business growth, outperform, integrity, collaboration within our other business sectors and care. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Your responsibilities but not limited to:
- Use of various computer software and Australian construction standards to provide civil and electrical engineering solutions and designs.
- Preparing dilapidation reports on existing site conditions, safety environment reports, excavation permits, AutoCAD drawings and various other documents.
- Assisting in tender evaluation and submission with quantity takeoffs, estimating materials & labours, construction activity diagram with detailed construction costs.
- Performing survey to input data for civil and electrical designs.
- Going through scope of work and tender documents to determine construction methods, plants and materials and coordinating with site construction crew and office staff throughout the project to ensure the projects deliver on time and within estimated budget and quality by executing effective time, cost and resource management plans.
- Functioning as a team player within our business to support designers with underground & overhead electrical distribution designs, public street lighting designs, telecommunication small cell power designs and solar farm design.
- Performing site inspections for civil works & electrical works.
- Performing preconstruction, on construction and after construction survey to draft work in progress and work as executed construction drawings.
- Conducting toolbox meetings, prestart documents, defect corrections, quality audits and if changes required from the designs assessing effective cost and negotiating variations to designs with clients.
- Liaising with suppliers and performing material procurement.
- Managing construction team and sub-contractors and interpreting construction plan, DBYD plan & engineering drawings.
- Liaising with clients and councils to seek approval & keep informed on the project schedules.
- occasional site visits across regional NSW & VIC
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in Civil engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar field.
- Advanced knowledge on AutoCAD, project management and Microsoft packages.
- Good knowledge on underground and overhead utilities on design and construction especially on the power utilities.
- Able to handle survey equipment and perform survey on own.
- Strong communication skills, stakeholder management skills and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge from tender stage up until project handover.
- High attention to detail
- Construction white card
- Underground services and assets location
- Be willing to take multiple roles within our business.
- Be willing to travel to project locations interstate
Your application should include a current resume. You may also attach a cover letter which highlights your experience and suitability for the role.
Salary = $60000 - $ 75000 + Superannuation
Please apply with an updated CV / Send directly to SENS firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0247 218 715 for more information.